"Detecting Greatness: The Proof is in Our Practice"
PLAN NOW TO ATTEND ASPAN’s 37TH National Conference!
“Detecting Greatness: The Proof is in Our Practice”
Anaheim Marriott, Anaheim, California
MONDAY, April 30th to THURSDAY, May 3rd 2018
Opening: “Victory by Design” D. J. Eagle Bear Vanas
SAMPLING OF TOPICS: (subject to change)
- Perianesthesia Nursing Standards
- Truth or Fiction: Clinical Practice Questions
- Management of Patients with Substance Abuse
- Perianesthesia Nursing Research
- Pediatric Patients with Central Line and TPN
- Evidence Based Practice
- Geriatric Preoperative Assessment
- Work Life Balance: Through Eyes of Millennials
- Anesthesia Outside the OR
- Cultural Competencies in Perioperative Setting
- Handoff: Not the Time to Fumble
- Perianesthesia Management Program
- Monitored Anesthesia Care
- Substance Abuse/Opioid Antagonist Therapy
- Lean Mean PAT Machine
- Improving Postoperative Follow Up
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery
- What’s New Neuromuscular Blockade Reversal
- Pain Management Challenges
- Patient and Family-Centered Care
- Caring for a Patient After Elbow Surgery
- Legal Issues: Documentation & Communication
- The Battle for Safe Staffing
- Critical Care Essentials
THURSDAY, May 4, 2017
- Closing: “The Healing Power of Laughter, Nourishing the Nurse Within You” – Diana Jordan
Outcome: To enable the nurse to increase knowledge on clinical practice, standards and research
Target Audience: All professional nurses
Overall Conference Objective: Discuss current information on clinical practice, standards, evidence-based practice, research and new technologies that contribute to safe, quality patient care in the perianesthesia setting.
Disclosure Statement: All presenters and planners at continuing nursing education activities are required to disclose to the audience any significant financial relationships with the with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial products, goods or services. Such disclosures will be made in writing in the course presentation materials.
Accreditation: The American Society of Perianesthesia Nurses (ASPAN) is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Additional numbers: Alabama #ABNP0074 & California Board of Registered Nursing Provider #CEP5197
A conference registration brochure will be mailed to all ASPAN members in December 2017.
Look for information on two preconference offerings and one postconference offering in the brochure and online. www.aspan.org